*rules & guidelines
- No OOC drama. None. There will be no warnings. If you’re having a problem with another player that you cannot solve, come to the admins and we’ll mediate.
- No Godmodding.
- Write paras. Gifchats are cool, but this rp is 90% para, 10% gifchat usually. They don’t have to be small novels, but they should be approaching paragraphs, not just one or two lines.
- OOC posts are fine, but don’t get craaazy.
- Character Development is very important to us, so please try your best to develop multi-layered characters, give them quirks, a rich history, things that set them apart from other characters, etc.
Two weeks of unexplained absence will unfortunately result in your character being reopened. Believe it or not, we actually allow you to have a life, it just would be nice if you let us know beforehand! IMPORTANT! READ OUR INACTIVITY POLICY HERE.
- On the app in the “did you read the rules?” space, please write lizzie mcguire.
- Because this is a mystery rp, commitment is crucial. People dropping their characters halfway would damage the storylines, so be aware we’re talking months of commitment here, not weeks.
- If you do decide to leave, please let us know in advance, and perhaps write a summary of what has happened to your character so far, in order to help the next RPer!
- Regarding Original Characters:Before you apply with an OC, please keep in mind that because of the intricacies of our plot, we reserve the right to keep your character as canon if you choose to leave the roleplay. We will definitely credit you as the creator of the character, but we can’t remove the character because of their involvement in the plot.
Mystery RP Guidelines
Never joined a ‘mystery’ rp before? Not quite sure what it means? Never fear, here is a step-by-step guide of how the mystery in META works:
- Intel - “How will we know what our characters uncover” you ask? Well this is were it gets even more interesting. Once we get things started, the admins will message each member with an INTEL - a piece of information/clue that your character will discover. This will most likely to be a clue to the MA, but they will sometimes be clues for the SAs as well. Once you have received the intel from us, it is up to you to decide how your character uncovers the clue IC (in character), and who your character shares this discovery with. HOWEVER, members are not allowed to reveal their INTEL to other members OOC, it has to be revealed IC, in your paras, so it will be a nice surprise for everyone else. Please, make it fun for all of us.
- Frequency of Intel - Everyone gets an INTEL at the start, but after that, the frequency of us sending the INTEL varies, and we don’t always give them to everyone when we do. This will most likely be due to the lack of brainpower we have (there’s only 2 of us, gosh!), and the relevance of the clues to your character’s story lines. So don’t just wait for the next INTEL to drop - go rp with other characters, form relationships, make alliances or enemies, develop your character. The INTEL will only come when you least expect it (hopefully).